Viennese Fingers Recipe

Monday, February 08, 2021




Sometimes, I buy something from the shop that's really, really good and when I look into how it's made it's somehow only using ingredients I already have? That kind of recipe is particularly useful during Lockdown when my only food shop is a Saturday and if I don't get what I need in that lot, then it's another week till my next chance. 

Viennese Fingers are a bit like these. I love Fox's ones you find in supermarkets but there's always an underlying artificial taste to shop-bought stuff. Which makes these ones I baked better, they're melty, simple and taste very homemade!

Ingredients

250g soft butter (I used salted which was fine, but unsalted would've been better)
75g icing sugar
250g plain flour
1tsp vanilla extract
50g cornflour
150g dark chocolate

Step 1:

Firstly, sieve all your dry ingredients together in a bowl, and mix in the butter and vanilla until you have a fully combined, thick mixture. You may have to use your hands at the end. If you're feeling strong and brave and your dough isn't too stiff then you can now pipe your biscuits with a star nozzle. If, however, you're a weakling like me then I would highly recommend simply moulding your biscuits into biscuit-like shapes and placing them on a greased baking tray.

Step 2:

Bake in the oven at about 175 degrees for 12 - 17 minutes or until golden and stiff. I put mine in for about 16 altogether, but it really depends on your oven.

Step 3:

Allow your biscuits to cool and move onto melting your chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Once your biscuits have cooled, dip each into the chocolate, and place onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper. I always do this, and I also grease the paper beforehand.

Step 4:

Leave your biscuits in the fridge for an hour or two to set.


Let me know if you make Viennese Fingers and how they were!




Notes with Imi